Dated May 29
Hello Soccer Families,
As always, we hope that you all have been able to remain healthy and safe during this time. We continue to have all of you in our thoughts. The Concord FC committee and staff continue to communicate regularly as we prepare a plan to "Return to Play" at some point.
Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that the Buffalo & Western New York Junior Soccer League has announced the cancellation of the 2020 Season. The most recent communication can be found at this link:
Since the season has been canceled and all activities remain suspended indefinitely, we will begin the process of refunding and/or crediting. If you submitted any payment to Concord FC for the 2020 Travel season, please complete this quick form informing us whether you would like a refund or credit by June 10, 2020. We ask that you please consider a credit for the 2021 season as refunding can cause extra merchant fees to the club. We thank you for the consideration in advance. If a refund is preferred, our online registration company, Demosphere, has notified us that there may be up to a 12-day processing due to the high volume of refunds. You will receive an email notification when the refund or credit has been completed.
What the future holds
As we look toward the uncertain future, we expect to return to play at some point either in the form of friendlies, tournaments or school sports. We want to continue to encourage all families to participate in our virtual training designed by our Technical Director PJ Gondek and Director of Coaching Phill Cook. All families should be receiving this training from their coach or team manager in their emails. Please let us know if you have not received the email. It is imperative that the players keep up their conditioning and be ready to return to play.
What is the CFC committee working on now?
We will be in touch with a required "Return to Play Protocol." We are taking guidance from US Soccer, United States Youth Soccer, New York State West Soccer Association, and the CDC. In the event we do have the opportunity to participate in some friendlies or tournaments, we would collect an undetermined fee at a later date.
Hopefully, we will see you all soon for some friendlies. We thank you for your patience and wish you all well! Any questions please let us know.
Dated April 30
Hello Soccer Families (again),
I inadvertantly sent that email before it was finalized. My apologies for the extra email. Here is the corrected email.
We hope that all of you are fairing well during these difficult times. You are all in our thoughts. The Concord FC committee and staff have been communicating frequently so that in the event there is a season we are ready to go. Please read this communication from the Buffalo & Western New York Junior League so you can be most informed where the league stands as of April 15, 2020.
NCSA/Concord FC understands the possiblity that some families may be going through finanical difficulties, so we want to be cognizant when reassessing this year's fee. We want all our athletes to participate this year. That being said, the CFC committee will not be ordering new uniforms and removing that portion of the registration fee. If we have a season, we will update you further on how we will be handling no new uniforms. If the season is reduced in games and the league decreases the team registration fee, we will pass that savings onto our families. Those families who have already paid will have the option of a refund for the appropriate amount or having the fee credited for next year. We do ask that you consider the credit, as each refund costs the club additional merchant fees.
Since it appears the league is determined to have some sort of a season, even if it is five games, we want to encourage all families to participate in our virtual trainings designed by our Technical Director PJ Gondek and Director of Coaching Phill Cook. All families should be receiving these trainings from their coach in email form. Please let us know if you haven't received the email. When and if we do finally get to have real training sessions, we want all the players to be as similiar as possible in conditioning and ready for the season which would begin quickly. We encourage families to have fun with it and send pictures and/or videos to their coach and post them on social media and "tag" Northern Chautauqua Soccer Association #goconcordfc. We would like to feature these photos and videos on our social media.
We thank you for your patience and wish you all well! Any questions please let us know.
Director of Travel
Dated March 23rd
Hello Soccer Families,
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, the Northern Chautauqua Soccer Association continues to monitor the situation. At this time, we want to take this time to update you on what we know. We understand our membership has questions and concerns about the upcoming seasons. The Concord FC Committee and Concord Summer Academy Committee are staying in contact reviewing contingency plans. NCSA and our partners know how important having soccer in our players’ lives is. If it all possible, we have full intention moving forward with both seasons while keeping in mind the health and safety of our players.
What do we know right now:
In regards to Concord FC Travel Club: We recently received a communication from the Buffalo & Western New York Junior Soccer League regarding the upcoming travel league season. We ask that you please review it at this link. At this point, there is the possibility the season with start later in June with reduced games. If the league reduces the cost, we will pass that savings on to our membership. If the season is canceled, all families who already registered will receive full refunds. It is unknown when this decision with be made. Our online registration company, Demosphere, has notified us that there may be up to a 12-day processing for refunds due to the high volume of refunds. When we know more, we will update the membership.
In regards to Concord Summer Academy: We will reassess the season with our partners at the State University at Fredonia Athletic Department at a later date. It is unknown when this decision will be made. In the event the season is canceled, all families who already registered will receive full refunds. Again, our online registration company, Demosphere, has notified us that there may be up to a 12-day processing for refunds due to the high volume of refunds. When we know more, we will update the membership.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding through this unprecedented difficult time. We hope that you all stay healthy and safe!
Northern Chautauqua Soccer Association